Thursday, February 18, 2010

looking forward to the weekend!

I am so looking forward to a nice laid back weekend!!! My mom is coming to visit in the morning. I LOVE having every Friday off work! I do not think I could go back to regular work days. 4-10's is the way to go! Mom and I are going to spend the day together and get a massage at 3. Todd will meet us for dinner after the massage and then we will likely just hang out at the house. She will leave on Saturday and then Todd and I will head out that afternoon to take his mom out to eat for her birthday. We will go to church on Sunday and then I plan on watching Lifetime on the couch! :)
We had a great time at Ski Beech last weekend. It snowed the whole time we were there so Todd loved the "real" snow when he was boarding. The girls went to the spa on Saturday and I got an organic facial....it was awesome! The trip offered little relaxing time but it was fun. 4 couples is a bit much for planning, etc. but I thought it went well. Todd got me a professional flat iron and some beautiful flowers! We had a great Valentine's weekend! It was so nice to be off on Monday too!
I realized some people may wonder why I am couponing these days. Yes, we both have good jobs, drive nice vehicles, travel, etc. BUT we knew we needed to be saving more for the future. Todd is putting in the max in his 401k and an IRA so that is some stability for retirement. I also wanted to prove to Todd that I can save with money so that maybe I can stay at home for awhile when we start a family. I knew groceries were the way for me to really save and since I have free time at work....I began the couponing process. It has turned into a bit of a game for me to see how much I can save and I am amazed at times!

1 comment:

  1. hey Brittney, so excited to find your blog. Thanks for the prayers!!

    ReplyDelete